Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Learning Goal: I’m working on a environmental science writing question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
You are to write a 1200 word academic essay-style paper on a local or regional environmental
topic of your choosing. You will describe the problem and present potential solutions. The paper should
be referenced appropriately with a minimum of four academic sources. You may add additional
sources, both academic and non-academic, providing they are properly cited.
Identify a human-environmental issue of interest to you that fits within the scope of ENV1600. This issue
should be specific: occurring in a specific area or impacting a specific species or resource.
Examples of good, well-scoped topics might include:
• Eutrophication in Lake Winnipeg
• The role of Indigenous peoples in establishing new protected areas in Canada
• The effects of sunscreen on ocean coral
• The impacts of a federal carbon tax on British Columbia’s economy
Examples of poorly-scoped topics might include:
• Global climate change
• Renewable energy • Plastic pollution
• Decline in populations of birds.
please do not use any of the above mentioned examples as your topic for the paper. it is there just to give you an idea of what the right topic would be like.